cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hanpaver
New Contributor

How do i configure my router to use a point to point connection over comcast cable.

Jump to solution

I am switching from a point to point t1 line and am having trouble with bringing the new Point to point thru Comcast Cable.  What changes are need to be made or do I need a new Router.

Building configuration...

!

! ADTRAN, Inc. OS version R11.4.2

! Boot ROM version 17.02.01.00

! Platform: NetVanta 3200, part number 1203860G1

!

hostname "NetVanta3200_Main_PTP"

enable password MMFZ1815

!

clock timezone -5-Eastern-Time

!

ip subnet-zero

ip classless

ip routing

!

auto-config

!

event-history on

no logging forwarding

no logging email

!

no ip firewall alg msn

no ip firewall alg mszone

no ip firewall alg h323

!

no dot11ap access-point-control

!

interface eth 0/1

ip address  172.16.0.23  255.255.255.0

no shutdown

!

interface t1 1/1

clock source internal

tdm-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

no shutdown

!

interface ppp 1

ip address  10.10.10.1  255.255.255.252

no shutdown

cross-connect 1 t1 1/1 1 ppp 1

!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.0.1

ip route 172.16.10.0 255.255.254.0 ppp 1

ip route 172.16.10.0 255.255.254.0 172.16.10.1

!

no tftp server

no tftp server overwrite

http server

no http secure-server

no snmp agent

no ip ftp server

no ip scp server

no ip sntp server

!

sip udp 5060

sip tcp 5060

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do i configure my router to use a point to point connection over comcast cable.

Jump to solution

Respectfully, you would be better served hiring a local Adtran reseller to do this work for you. The 3200 only has a single ethernet interface, so if your comcast actually is point to point, it will be delivered with an ethernet handoff. You will have to use a managed switch and 802.1q tagged sub interfaces to get it into that router. If your comcast connection is just a cablemodem, you could use a gre tunnel over a tagged interface but the software version in the config you posted doesn't have the E suffix, so you won't be able to set up vpn to encrypt the traffic. Your router would need the enhanced feature pack for that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do i configure my router to use a point to point connection over comcast cable.

Jump to solution

Respectfully, you would be better served hiring a local Adtran reseller to do this work for you. The 3200 only has a single ethernet interface, so if your comcast actually is point to point, it will be delivered with an ethernet handoff. You will have to use a managed switch and 802.1q tagged sub interfaces to get it into that router. If your comcast connection is just a cablemodem, you could use a gre tunnel over a tagged interface but the software version in the config you posted doesn't have the E suffix, so you won't be able to set up vpn to encrypt the traffic. Your router would need the enhanced feature pack for that.

0 Kudos