cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twalls
New Contributor

NAT Help

I have a feeling this isn't possible but hopefully someone here can help.  I am trying to use my NetVanta 3200 to NAT IP addresses going in and out the same LAN interface.  FOr example:

laptop - 172.18.11.11

NetVanta - 172.18.3.254

Router - 172.18.3.1 (only allows certain IP addresses through, we are unable to make any config changes to this router)

In order for the laptop to communicate with 10.35.35.10, we added a route to point to the Netvanta.  The NetVanta forwards this 172.18.3.1 but I can't seem to get it to NAT the laptop address to one of the approved IP's.  The NetVanta's IP (172.18.3.254) is one of those addresses.  I set a security zone with a policy to NAT source to IP 172.18.3.63 and Permit but it doesn't work.  I'm guessing we can't do it through the same interface.  The 2nd interface is for a T1 and I didn't see any options to use it as a LAN interface.

I am running the latest firmware 15.12.00

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAT Help

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

As long as the destination you are attempting to reach is on a different subnet (even if it is off of the same interface), the AOS firewall should allow you to NAT this traffic. Would you be able to post your configuration to this thread for us to review? Remember to remove any sensitive information.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAT Help

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered." If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi