Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlazure
New Contributor III

3448 port fowarding to a different internal port

Jump to solution

hey

I am wondering if we can do a port fowarding from the WAN on port 8001 to the internal port 80 to my phone system accessible by web browser. I need this possibility because the port 80 on the WAN is already used by the server.

Can we program this port fowarding and by a web browser type let's say 24.35.46.78:8001 and being redirected to the private ip address 192.168.15.235 on port 80 to acces the web administrating console ???

thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3448 port fowarding to a different internal port

Jump to solution

- You absolutely have this ability on your NetVanta 3448. When you configure a port forward in the web GUI, you will want to select the option "forward specified traffic below with port translation". The video below explains how to set up a port forward:

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- You absolutely have this ability on your NetVanta 3448. When you configure a port forward in the web GUI, you will want to select the option "forward specified traffic below with port translation". The video below explains how to set up a port forward:

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
dlazure
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks noor

If i do this port foward

Public ip TCP 8001 to LAN host TCP 80

Is the port 80 of the WAN being busy while im connected or the port 8001 ?

I want to avoid using the port 80 of my wan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- No it would not be. You would still be able to get to devices using port 80 from the outside. For example, if you had remote access set up to the NetVanta using HTTP (which uses TCP port 80), then you would still be able to access the NetVanta with your port forward in place.

I hope that answers your question but please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi