cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevebg4
New Contributor

Adtran MPLS WAN failover to another backup internet with Cisco ASA 5505

We have currently switched to another MPLS provider for our 2 branch locations and our central location.

At all of our 3 locations we have a Adtran 3430 router and Eth 0/1 its going to our internal LAN switch.

The MPLS is working fine at all the locations and the Adran 3430 is configured properly and all the locations are seeing each other

But now we want to implement a WAN MPLS failover using our backup internet from another provider, Comcast, using their cable modem and our Cisco ASA 5505 VPN/firewall to have a site to site vpn as backup to the MPLS at each branch location  and the cetral loaction.

Currently the Cisco ASA 5505 ports are configure as follows at each branch and central location:

ASA port 0 to Adtran Eth 0/2

ASA port 1 to Internal LAN switch

ASA port 2 to Comcast modem port

We still cant get the WAN failover to work at all using our backup internet at our branch location since the Cisco vpn tunnel is not getting activated at all.

Any suggestions or how to resolve this WAN failover issue ?   Is the WAN failover issue wiht the Adran 3430 or the Cisco ASA?

I can post configurations later.

thanks

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran MPLS WAN failover to another backup internet with Cisco ASA 5505

Hi stevebg4,

For the way that you're explaining the configuration, I really think that you should first test the failover working on the Cisco ASA because is the one controlling the routes of the Adtran and the Comcast modem, so the routes for reach the MPLS and the Comcast failover are there.

After doing that we can troubleshoot more deeply over the Adtran equipment if the failure persists.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran MPLS WAN failover to another backup internet with Cisco ASA 5505

:

I marked this post as "assumed answered," but please do not hesitate to reply if you have further questions.

Levi