cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Internet Speed Performance on ADTRAN Unit

It's an Adtran 3448 with EFP.  Basically, I wanted to find out how to troubleshoot it.  How do I find out if the ISP is giving us the full speed they say they are?  How do I find out if the router is not performing up to speed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Internet Speed Performance on ADTRAN Unit

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I recommend following the Troubleshooting Internet Speed Test Issues guide.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Levi, That was exactly what I'm looking for.  Do you have any documents similiar for point to point connection?  point to point t1, point to point ethernet, etc?

I have previously run speed tests on the 3448 and it's maximum throughput is about 80Mb/s.

If you more rules in place looking at traffic it would obviously be slower.

Anonymous
Not applicable

:

The same concepts from the guide can be applied to T1 and any Ethernet connection. 

• Try using a different Internet speed testing website
  • Connect the computer directly to the Internet connection or modem (if Ethernet), bypassing all internetworking equipment, and run the Internet speed test again
  • Enable the RapidRoute “Fast Forwarding Engine” (FFE) on all of the ADTRAN unit's interfaces
  • Make sure there are no errors on the ADTRAN unit’s interfaces
  • Verify the ports are negotiated to the proper speed and duplex
  • Disable Link-layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) on the interface connected to the Internet, T1, or modem

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Levi