Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlazure
New Contributor III

Netvanta 3430 slowing the internet connection speed

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a netvanta 7100 connected to the internet. When we download a file the connection stop somewhere during the download and we need to download it again, or when we try to check a video on youtube

the video sudenly stop and won't start until we click on refresh. The internet connection is very slow but if i connect my computer to the modem it is ultra fast

what can cause this?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 3430 slowing the internet connection speed

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the current configuration.  I would still like to see the output that requested above, but in addition to that, I would like you to upgrade the firmware of the unit as soon as you get a chance.  It appears based on the configuration that you have a first generation NetVanta 3430.  I would recommend R10.6.0.E or R10.5.1.E. 

You can use Upgrading Firmware in AOS as a guide to upgrading the firmware, but let me know if you have any questions on this process.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 7100 slowing the internet connection speed

Jump to solution

Hello,

Sounds interesting. If I could look at your config file then I could get a better idea of what is going on in your 7100.  Log into the GUI. and go to Utilities > Configuration. Click Save in the Save Config section, then in the Download Config section, check the Include Voice box then download the file. Open the file and make sure you delete any passwords from the file, then save the file.  Than take the file and

put it on our FTP server with the instructions below I would be happy to review it. Let me know once you have done this and the name of the file so I can get it.

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

-Mark

dlazure
New Contributor III

Re: Netvanta 7100 slowing the internet connection speed

Jump to solution

Hey mark I uploaded the config file named “config-NV7100_LUMCO-02-14-2013” in the ftp server

Let me know if I done it correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Hopefully, we will be able to help you resolve this issue soon.  I moved this post to the NetVanta 3430 area since it appears to be related to the NetVanta 3430 and not the 7100. 

In addition to the output requested, will you also attach a copy of the current configuration to this post so we can review it with the current changes you have implemented (please, remember to remove any information that might be sensitive to the organization)?

Please, do not hesitate to reply with any additional questions or information.

Levi

dlazure
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I uploaded the current config to ftp.adtran.com the name of the file is : config-3430_LUMCO-02-19-2013.cfg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the current configuration.  I would still like to see the output that requested above, but in addition to that, I would like you to upgrade the firmware of the unit as soon as you get a chance.  It appears based on the configuration that you have a first generation NetVanta 3430.  I would recommend R10.6.0.E or R10.5.1.E. 

You can use Upgrading Firmware in AOS as a guide to upgrading the firmware, but let me know if you have any questions on this process.

Levi

0 Kudos
dlazure
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Levi

After the firmware upgrade they made test and it seems to be working fine now

Thanks for the great support

Dominic lazure

Luminet solutions

Message was edited by: levi (removed contact information)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Glad that this fixed your issue. Sorry that I didn't address this earlier but the other things we changed and added needed to be done. Have a great week.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi