cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wquin1s
New Contributor

Ping to one LAN behind 3430 fails one way

Good evening,

I have attached a PDF document with detailed information about IP's between two 3430 devices connected via MLPPP. I do not think there are any issues with the routing but for some reason maybe I am missing something but I can only ping to the remote host on 10.2.x.x network one way but not the other way. Ping towards the 10.1.x.x network stops at 10.1.10.251 on the AdTran ETH 0/1 end.

Any advice where to look first would be greatly appreciated. FYI, I have also tried disabling the firewall on the Zywall unit but to no avail. Thank you in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ping to one LAN behind 3430 fails one way

- Based on your description, it appears the packet is getting lost between "ADTRAN1" and the Zywall. I would probably start by checking the route table on the Zywall. Specifically, you want to make sure that the Zywall has a route for the 10.2.10.x network:

1, Destination Network: 10.2.10.0

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Next-hop / Gateway: 10.1.10.251

If you are able to ping 10.1.10.251 from Host2, then that tells us that the routing on the Adtran is correct. However, I did notice that the 2 ports on the Zywall (Port2 and Port3) are on the same network. I'm not sure if the Zywall is supposed to be routing between networks or if the ports act as a switch.

I did have a couple of additional questions:

1. Are you able to ping HOST1 from a device that is on the 10.1.10.x network (i.e. ADTRAN1)?

2. Have you tried changing HOST1's default gateway to 10.1.10.251 (ADTRAN1)? If so, what are the results of your ping tests?

It would also be good to view the routing table of the Zywall, ADTRAN1, and ADTRAN2. Please remember to remove any information that may be sensitive to your network.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

- Are you still having issues with your setup? Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi