cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rduncan
New Contributor

SBC Not Talking to PBX with Audit/Options Messages

Jump to solution

I have a Openscape Voice PBX and am using a NetVanta 3430 for the SBC. I have functionality calling inbound, however when calling out the PBX will not talk to the Adtran. It states it is not accessible. It is suppose to be sending an audit message to verify its alive before sending it calls, but I am guessing it is not allowing or sending the correct signal back.

Any ideas? I called support and put in a ticket, but I thought maybe someone knew what was up.

Thanks!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!! SBC Not talking to PBX

Jump to solution

Robert,

Is your PBX using an OPTIONS message as the audit mechanism? AOS devices will not respond to OPTIONS messages unless the username in the Request-URI of the OPTIONS matches a valid sip-identity or user. If you are using OPTIONS, you would need to configure a voice user similar to the below in order for us to response with a 200 OK.

voice user 0000

sip-identity Openscape T01

Where 0000 stands for any user that is not currently in use and will never be needed. The “Openscape" portion corresponds to the user in the Request-URI of the OPTIONS message. The "T01" portion must mach the SIP trunk that is receiving the OPTIONS keepalive. With this added, the device will respond to the OPTIONS message with a 200 OK instead of a 501 Not Implemented.

Thanks!

Rob

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!! SBC Not talking to PBX

Jump to solution

Robert,

Is your PBX using an OPTIONS message as the audit mechanism? AOS devices will not respond to OPTIONS messages unless the username in the Request-URI of the OPTIONS matches a valid sip-identity or user. If you are using OPTIONS, you would need to configure a voice user similar to the below in order for us to response with a 200 OK.

voice user 0000

sip-identity Openscape T01

Where 0000 stands for any user that is not currently in use and will never be needed. The “Openscape" portion corresponds to the user in the Request-URI of the OPTIONS message. The "T01" portion must mach the SIP trunk that is receiving the OPTIONS keepalive. With this added, the device will respond to the OPTIONS message with a 200 OK instead of a 501 Not Implemented.

Thanks!

Rob

0 Kudos
rduncan
New Contributor

Re: SBC Not Talking to PBX with Audit/Options Messages

Jump to solution

I am not sure, but I will look at it and see if that is it and post the update.

THANKS!!!

rduncan
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Would there be a command on the adtran to see this username on the adtran when it rejects it?

thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

"debug sip stack messages" will show you the SIP communication between your PBX and the ADTRAN. From that debug, you can look at the OPTIONS message from the PBX (assuming it is using OPTIONS) to determine what it is using for the user portion of the Request-URI.

rduncan
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Awesome Thanks!!! We got it working. We had to setup the register sip username and password.