Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to reach local host with public IP address

Jump to solution

Red:

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered." If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks, I have been unable to get out to the site where I need to test this. Once I do I will update the posting with my results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I have been down the road of NAT Reflection in the Adtran routers many times.  I worked through my sales channel to try and get it in as a feature request.  Last I spoke to them, while it was presented to the development team, it seemed that it wasn't going to be a feature added anytime soon.

Either setting up separate networks and using NAT between them or using an FQDN and host entries is the only real 'fix'.  But its really a work around.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

I finally made it to where I could attend to this issue.... I went with vmaxdawg05's original suggestion of the domain and the hostname entries. It works but I do agree with petersjncv that it feels like a workaround.

0 Kudos