Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voice over IP via 2 netvanta 3448 issues

Jump to solution

Dominic:

Most likely, for a QoS over VPN application, the phones will mark their traffic with a DSCP or IP Precedence value, and that is what you will need to match and prioritize in the QoS map (because those are the only values that can be matched and prioritized over a VPN).

Please, let me know what additional questions you have on this application.

Levi

New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I understand but I want to know if the  sip portion need to be tagged a different value than the RTP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dominic:

It depends on the end equipment if SIP and RTP have different DSCP/IP Prec. values or if they are the same.  It doesn't matter to the ADTRAN unit if they are different or the same, but for QoS, if the SIP and RTP have different values, it is imperative that you at least match the RTP value.

I hope that answers your question, but if not, let me know.

Levi

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I removed all the qos map programmed to creat a new one and I lost my remote connection to the router and I need them to make a reset so I can login again

Why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dominic:

Unfortunately, the QoS map configuration does not control administrative access.  Administrative access is controlled by the firewall.  If you would like to reply with the changes you made, I will be happy to review them for you.

Levi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks Levi

All I did is by the web interface I went to Qos map and I selected all the maps and clicked on removed selected maps.

The customer lost his internet connectivity and I needed to reset the device to run on the startup config with the qos map enabled.

I don’t understand why it does that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dominic:

Changing the QoS maps, should not have anything to do with the ADTRAN's firewall administrative access.  At this point, I would suggest opening up a ticket with ADTRAN Technical Support to troubleshoot this issue (then you can post the results back here to this forum thread). Be sure to mention this forum post when you open the ticket. You can open a ticket in several ways:

- By web - Create a Service Request

- By emailing support@adtran.com

- By calling 1-888-423-8726

Levi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Levi

I did some test and realized the 3448 was freezing if i removed the qos map insite to outside... im not sure if its a default map. I created the qos map VOIP

who match ip precedence 5 and 3 with a bandwitdh priority of 640 kb/s and applied it to my eth 0/1 interface and vlan 1. on both site

i can see the qos map matching a lot of packets so far. i will test next week with the customer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Hi Levi

I applied the qosmap VOIP 10 to my eth 0/1 and vlan 1 and i still got issues...

I applied the map to ETH 0/1 OUT only as i was denied to apply it to INBOUND traffic because i use priority...

i think INBOUND traffic should also prioritize voip packets.. am i wrong?

i get this message : Can not set a QoS map configured with bandwidth requirements as the input qos-policy on an interface.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

If you would like to reply with a copy of the current configuration (please, remember to remove any information that may be sensitive to the organization).  I will be happy to review it for you.

Levi

0 Kudos