cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jallen2020
New Contributor

What Netvanta model with at least 3 Gig interfaces, and capable of up to 100Mbs throughput?

The title says it all.  Need to get a standard CPE device that will support up to 100 Mbs throughput with NAT, firewall, etc turned on, and has 3 interfaces (Gig interfaces preferred).  Need to be able to do nested service policies for QoS as well.  I'm newer to Adtran and trying to get away from Cisco, so looking for some guidance here.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Netvanta model with at least 3 Gig interfaces, and capable of up to 100Mbs throughput?

You can review router features and capabilities with this tool: AOS Feature Matrix - Product Feature Matrix

The Adtran 3140 is pretty much exactly what you have described.  It has three 1G ports (RJ45) and can handle high bandwidth throughput with features such as NAT/FW and QOS enabled.

Re: What Netvanta model with at least 3 Gig interfaces, and capable of up to 100Mbs throughput?

Great info thank you.  I think the 3140 is the newer model correct?  is there any documentation on the throughput that will support? Or at least a range as it seems Adtran doesn't like to give a fixed number.  If its in the matrix, and i didn't see it, i apologize.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is in the matrix, but its no trouble.  Your best bet is to download that matrix document so you sort the page and select the features you want to review.  You should review the entire product, but here are some of the important highlights.

Routing  - FW & NAT Throughput (IMIX Traffic)600 Mbps
Routing - FW/NAT with QOS & Shaping Throughput (IMIX Traffic)150 Mbps
Routing - VPN Throughput (IMIX Traffic)100 Mbps
IPSEC500 Tunnels
IP Crypto W/FFE {AOS 17.06.01}
Maximum Firewall Associations (based on default RAM)200K
Enhanced Ethernet QoS {AOS 17.02.01}20 shapers
per QoS Map Ŧ
ARP Cache Entries512 Per Int.
2000 Total

And here is a link to the data sheet.

https://portal.adtran.com/pub/Library/Data_Sheets/Default_Public/61700340F1-8%20NV3140.pdf