cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itik
New Contributor II

configure static ip address NetVanta 3448

Hello,

I have ISP cable provider with 10 static ips that I need to program on the NetVanta 3448.  One ip address will be use on eth01 for the network already set up.  On eth02  I need to sign 9 static ip address for some ip phones that need to have directly public ip address. How can I create like a pool o DHCP on this interface to acomplish that?

Thanks,

ITIK.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: configure static ip address NetVanta 3448

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

Are the 10 static IPs you received on the same subnet? If so, You have a couple of options on configuring this on the 3448.

1. You will need to split the subnet so that the IP addresses can be assigned to 2 different interfaces. This will mean that 2 additional IP addresses in that range will be unusable.

2. The other option is to move your WAN connection to one of the 8 switchports on the 3448, and move the IP address from eth 0/1 to VLAN 1. The phones would then plug into the other switchports (by default they are all part of VLAN 1). If you want, you can statically give your phones the IP from the range you received and have the gateway point to the VLAN 1 IP. The other option would be to set up DHCP, as you mentioned. The following guide explains how to set up DHCP on your router: Configuring DHCP in AOS

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

itik
New Contributor II

Hello Noor,

Thank you very much for your reply and helpful answer. 

Yes, all 10 usable static IPs that I received are on the same subnet.

I do have 8 internal ip phones that works on the local network with a hosted solution within USA, they are working fine.  And another 5 ip phones that belongs to another system that need to be assign a static public ip to be able to connect to the IP PBX system that it's outside of the USA. 

If I choose option 2,  I need to divide the 10 usable ip address between the 2 interfaces? Eth-01 interface and Eth-02 interface? both of them will have the same gateway, would that be a problem? After that, I will connect a switch on each interface so the 5 ip phones can receive the public static ip?  

And to which interface I will point the local phones and the computers too? I'm using NetVanta 3448 as my router too.

Thanks for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

- If you choose option 2, then all the static IPs would be on a single VLAN interface. There would be no need to split the subnet. These static IPs can either use the same gateway your router is using, or you can point them to the router, which will then route it out.

I'm not sure how many devices you need to be publicly addressed, but if its less than 8, then you can use a different VLAN and plug a switch for your private LAN devices or the devices themselves into the free switchports. If all the switchports will be in use, then you would have to move the LAN port to one of the ethernet ports on the 3448.

It may make more sense to relate it back to a configuration. If you want, you can reply to this thread with your config for us to review. Please remember to remove any sensitive information.

Thanks,

Noor

itik
New Contributor II

Hello Noor,

Thanks for your answer.  I will post the configuration information.  In that way, will be more clear.  I'm waiting on some technical aspects from the IP PBX provider.

Thanks,

itik

itik
New Contributor II

Hello Noor,

On eth02 need to create a dhcp pool with the public ip address that I have for my ISP. How can I accomplish that?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

- The guide below explains how to setup a DHCP pool on the Netvanta 3448.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

itik
New Contributor II

Hello Noor,

Thanks for your reply and the information provided.

Finally, we figure out what we need.  Our ISP is cable modem, they gave us 10 public static ips, their equipment is a cable modem with one RJ45 port.  They don't do a dhcp pool with the public ip address.  I have to do it within the Adtran, they will allow the traffic of those ip address:

1. One IP will be for the interface eth01

2. Then I need to  assign 5 of those ip address to 5 ip phones.

3. On the adtran will be connect the computers, the local phones and these ip phones.

How is the best way to this?  I thought doing through VLAN, but how do I route the VLANS since every device will be using the same gateway to go out through the cable modem?

Thanks for your help,

itik.

Anonymous
Not applicable

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered." If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi