cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royh
New Contributor

outbound SIP messages have wrong dscp

Jump to solution

I have a nv3448 running f/w R10-5-3.  I have SIP phones connected to the switchport interfaces that are sending SIP messages with a DSCP of 24.  But on the external interface they are being sent with a DSCP of 26.  The RTP packets are marked correctly with a DSCP of 46.  Why is the 3448 not sending the correct DCSP for SIP and how do I get it to do so?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: outbound SIP messages have wrong dscp

Jump to solution

:

Use the sip qos dscp <value> command to configure the differentiated services code point (DSCP) value to mark Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) packets with. This marking can then be used by the quality of service (QoS) mechanisms to give priority for this type of traffic in the unit. By default the setting is sip qos dscp 26.  If you would like to have the DSCP value be sent from the unit as 24, then you will need the following command:  sip qos dscp 24.

Please, note that in some versions of firmware, before the addition of SIPv6 in R10.8.0, the keyword ip will be required (ip sip qos dscp 26).

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  When you get a chance, is it possible for you to attach the current configuration to this post? (Please, remember to remove any information that might be sensitive to the organization). 

Please, do not hesitate to reply with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

royh
New Contributor

Jump to solution

This is my configuration.

Message was edited by: levi (Removed and added as attachment)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Use the sip qos dscp <value> command to configure the differentiated services code point (DSCP) value to mark Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) packets with. This marking can then be used by the quality of service (QoS) mechanisms to give priority for this type of traffic in the unit. By default the setting is sip qos dscp 26.  If you would like to have the DSCP value be sent from the unit as 24, then you will need the following command:  sip qos dscp 24.

Please, note that in some versions of firmware, before the addition of SIPv6 in R10.8.0, the keyword ip will be required (ip sip qos dscp 26).

Levi

0 Kudos