Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simpleitguy
New Contributor

Link Load Balancing w/4305?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am 3 months into a new company and have inherited a Adtran 4305 Router. It is currently connect to one fast ethernet ISP, and I would like to know if it is possible to Link Load Balance with 2 ISP's on this device. I have searched all over and cannot find any info relating to this, but I noticed that the 4305 does have a config option of "load-sharing".  Is that for link load balancing?

Does anyone know if Link Load Balancing fast ethernet between 2 ISP's from my primary LAN is possible on the Adtran 4305 ? If so how should it be configured?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Link Load Balancing w/4305?

Jump to solution

:

I believe the is what you are looking for.  Please, let me know if this is not your application, or if you have further questions.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I assume you need the one fast ethernet for your LAN and the other for your WAN(s).  There are a couple of ways you can achieve load balancing.  Are you using the 4305 as your firewall? 

Jump to solution

Hi I am using the Adtran 4305 as a router interfacing one of my ISP's. I was searching to purchase a new device to load balance that ISP and a new secondary ISP, but then I realized that the Adtran 4305 may be able to do that. I have a 30Meg fast ethernet with one provider and a 20 meg with another provider. Right now the Adtran interfaces the 30Meg ISP, the inside of the Adtran attaches to a Cisco ASA Firewall, and the ASA attaches to the internal LAN. Do you know how the Adtran would be configured to support this if possible?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Give me a little time to research it.  I'm sure it can be done, I've just never done it without the firewall.  The only issue I see with load balancing is that the two ISP(s) are different in speed, which means that you will probably only experience 20Mbps on each ISP when load balancing.  We may need to put a layer2 switch inbetween the ISP equipment and the 4305 an use sub interfaces and encapsulation.  I'll see what I can find.

Jump to solution

Sounds great. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Do you still need assistance on this post?  If so, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.  We will be happy to help in any way we can.

Levi

Jump to solution

Hi, yes I am still waiting for the solution. Thank you. GLTA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I believe the is what you are looking for.  Please, let me know if this is not your application, or if you have further questions.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor