Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btilson
New Contributor

NetVanta 4430 - Need to Clear SIP Proxy Resource Statistics

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm looking to see if there is a way to clear SIP Proxy resource statistics on a NetVanta 4430 running AOS R10.3.2.E.

The SIP Proxy resources are being maxed out at times, but unless we're watching while it happens we cannot determine what time frame the issue occurred.

Example screenshot:

sh sip proxy resources

Type          Name                Allocated      Currently in Use      Max Used

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proxy          proxyPoolElements      1875              11              1875

Is there a way I can clear these statistics, in particular the "Max Used" field, without reloading the 4430?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NetVanta 4430 - Need to Clear SIP Proxy Resource Statistics

Jump to solution

Bill,

I'll go ahead and create a feature request to add a command that will allow the clearing of the SIP proxy resource statistics. At this time, however, it appears you will need to reboot to clear it.

I would recommend upgrading your firmware to R11.6.0.SA and seeing if the issue continues. If it does, I would suggest opening a ticket with Adtran Technical Support to troubleshoot further. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

- Open a webticket by clicking on this link: https://www.adtran.com/openacase

- Open a ticket by phone by calling 1-888-423-8726

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Bill,

Thanks for posting your question!

Have you tried the "clear sip resources" command in the CLI? Please let us know if this does not work.

Thanks,

Noor

btilson
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Noor,

Yes, we have tried clearing sip resources, but that has no affect on stats for sip proxy resources.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Bill,

I'll go ahead and create a feature request to add a command that will allow the clearing of the SIP proxy resource statistics. At this time, however, it appears you will need to reboot to clear it.

I would recommend upgrading your firmware to R11.6.0.SA and seeing if the issue continues. If it does, I would suggest opening a ticket with Adtran Technical Support to troubleshoot further. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

- Open a webticket by clicking on this link: https://www.adtran.com/openacase

- Open a ticket by phone by calling 1-888-423-8726

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor