cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhornketh
New Contributor

Does it make a differents if I use T01 or T05 to connect the phones to a paging system?

Jump to solution

I have the netvanta 6310 with FXO ports. When I use the GUI interface to set one of the Ports up it used T01 not T05.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does it make a differents if I use T01 or T05 to connect the phones to a paging system?

Jump to solution

Jhornketh,

Thanks for posting.  The number in the "Txx" naming convention for trunks is not directly related to any physical port number.  This is just a logical number that can be defined however you would like, with the exception that it must not already be in use.  Feel free to respond on this post if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does it make a differents if I use T01 or T05 to connect the phones to a paging system?

Jump to solution

Jhornketh,

Thanks for posting.  The number in the "Txx" naming convention for trunks is not directly related to any physical port number.  This is just a logical number that can be defined however you would like, with the exception that it must not already be in use.  Feel free to respond on this post if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jhornketh,

I went ahead and marked the correct answer on this thread.  If this answer was not correct, feel free to unmark it and provide additional details or ask any further questions on this post.

Thanks!

David

Jump to solution

OK I am back. I setup a FXO port to use with paging and it was working, a software update was done and now the port no longer works. Any ideas why.