Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuart
New Contributor

Outbound Caller ID Replacement

Jump to solution

HI -

I've got a 6310 and our hosted VOIP provider is sending wrong caller ID information that being transmitted out a PRI. Is there a way to override outbound Caller ID per extension. i.e.. match dialing extension to the correct number to be shown on the external phone when ringing?

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Outbound Caller ID Replacement

Jump to solution

Stuart,

Caller ID (ANI) can be overwritten in a few different places within the unit, but I would likely need to know more about the application by seeing the complete configuration and the debug output for a test call.  Below are the typical debug commands we use.

debug sip stack message

debug voice verbose

debug isdn L2-formatted

Feel free to reply on this post with a "cleaned" version of your unit's configuration and the debug output and I would be glad to look it over.  As one example of how this number might be changed, you can do a standard match and substitution on an egress trunk.

voice trunk T01 type sip

match ani 1000 substitute 5552000

match ani 1001 substitute 5553000

Hope this helps!

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Outbound Caller ID Replacement

Jump to solution

Stuart,

Caller ID (ANI) can be overwritten in a few different places within the unit, but I would likely need to know more about the application by seeing the complete configuration and the debug output for a test call.  Below are the typical debug commands we use.

debug sip stack message

debug voice verbose

debug isdn L2-formatted

Feel free to reply on this post with a "cleaned" version of your unit's configuration and the debug output and I would be glad to look it over.  As one example of how this number might be changed, you can do a standard match and substitution on an egress trunk.

voice trunk T01 type sip

match ani 1000 substitute 5552000

match ani 1001 substitute 5553000

Hope this helps!

David

0 Kudos