cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adobe is discontinuing Flash. Is there a plan to remove it from the NV?

https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html

It would be nice to have these things using something that isn't dead when I'm getting calls from customers still using NV7100 systems in ten years.  Will any effort be made to that end?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adobe is discontinuing Flash. Is there a plan to remove it from the NV?

There is no such plan at the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're in a position to do so, would you please consider it?  There's plenty of time before 2020.  I know the NV isn't the hot new thing, but I also know there are going to be customers I'll deal with who will ride these units until well after they should have replaced them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely. However, knowing how long the product has been out there, this would not be a high priority. BTW, thanks for drawing attention on this topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anymore thought been given to this topic?  I have plenty of these out there i need to support.  I also have customers inquiring about the Flash issue, i would like to tell them there is a solution.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering the same thing, Google and most all major browsers are going to disable flash and lock it down where it cannot be used. Google is giving 1 year after New Years, after that 1 year, flash cannot be used in Chrome at all. Mozilla Firefox is being more aggressive, they are stating by Mid-2020 their browser will not allow the use of flash at all.

So inquiring minds want to know, how is AOE and other Adtran systems going to be able to be used when they rely heavily on the outdated flash programming.