cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
centurylinkjim
New Contributor

Adtran 7100 FXO analog trunks with Centrex voice mail

Jump to solution

What I have is a small application with 2 analog trunks and 6 706 phones. The customer has telco provided voice mail (call notes). what is going on is they want to keep that and NOT use the internal voice mail of the adtran 7100. So basically its a key system. The problem is when they get a voice mail message they need to hear the stutter dial tone from the provider, I am using shared groups. So basically I need to pass the external dial tone to the users.

Thx

Jim

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran 7100 FXO analog trunks with Centrex voice mail

Jump to solution

Jim,

Were you ever able to resolve this?  If so please come back to this post to provide an update so others can benefit from the solution.  You can disable internal voicemail with the no voice mail internal command.  There are some other hooks into voicemail like extension 8500 and the *98 SPRE that would need to be accounted for and MWI would likely not work on the IP Phone.  Also, the stutter dial tone may not work either even in an SLA type setup.  This isn't a supported application for the NetVanta 7100, but if you had any luck please let us know.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jim,

Were you ever able to resolve this?  If so please come back to this post to provide an update so others can benefit from the solution.  You can disable internal voicemail with the no voice mail internal command.  There are some other hooks into voicemail like extension 8500 and the *98 SPRE that would need to be accounted for and MWI would likely not work on the IP Phone.  Also, the stutter dial tone may not work either even in an SLA type setup.  This isn't a supported application for the NetVanta 7100, but if you had any luck please let us know.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No i gave up, retrained the customer, thanks anyway everyone