cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blank LCD Screen on IP 712

Jump to solution

Hi all, I have two phones that the LCD screen went blank.  Other than that, the phones are working fine even with a blank screen.  I'm able to access the phones through the GUI; I have Reset and Factory Reset several times but that did not fix the issue.  On one occasion, one of the phones booted up normally but LCD went blank again several minutes later.

The following relevant information is under phone summary:

Model Number IP712 Part Number 1200770E1#B

Serial Number 00A0C8938C35

Firmware Version 2.4.1

Boot Firmware Version 2.1.0

Config File Version

Hardware Version K01M04L03N0

On the 7100 Boot Settings - Phone Firmware section is the following:

ADTRAN IP 712 Firmware

AppName: apadt12r230.ebin

BootName: apadt12r230.ebin

I think it odd that the firmware version under phone settings does not seem to match ADTRAN IP 712 Firmware settings on 7100 but don't know if that is a problem or not.  Appreciate any insight on this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blank LCD Screen on IP 712

Jump to solution

Aaron, the phones appear to be on the latest firmware. I would have assumed a hardware failure with the screen going out like that. What version of firmware are you running on the 7100 and Polycom? Thanks

Jay

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Update:

I was able to resolve the issue for only one of the phones by deleting the User Acct and Phone Config and recreating; the phone booted up normally and blank screen is fixed.

On the second phone I did the same thing but did not fix the issue; I ended up replacing the phone.

I still don't know what caused this and why deleting the Acct and Config only worked for one and not both.

Also, I don't know if this is related in some way but one of three expansion modules on a  Polycom 650 phone just went blank as well.  It still lights up but shows nothing on LCD screen.  Attempted re-seating the expansion module but did not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Aaron, the phones appear to be on the latest firmware. I would have assumed a hardware failure with the screen going out like that. What version of firmware are you running on the 7100 and Polycom? Thanks

Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thx for the reply.  The 7100 is running R10.8.1.E.  Polycom 650 is running 3.3.5.0247.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Aaron, that version of firmware on the 7100 is out of software support. I would recommend upgrading to the latest EMR, which is 11.4.5. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest opening up a ticket with support for a possible hardware RMA. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thx Jay; I'll try that as there are other issues users have been reporting regarding failed outgoing and incoming calls.  Hopefully upgrading will resolve all those issues.  My main concern when updating firmware on the 7100 is having to update firmware on devices that connect to the 7100 such as 908e (PRI) and/ or IP phones.  Should I be worried about this?  Will updating to the latest release at the problem site require that I update firmware on ip phones and/or 908e?  What about other 7100s on separate LANs in the MPLS network.  Do those need updating since there is a SIP trunk configured between those sites?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Aaron, generally it's a good idea to have your units on the Extended Maintenance Release just to stay up with the latest bug fixes, but having those units on dissimilar code shouldn't break a SIP trunk between them. Thanks

Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Update: Replacing the expansion module on the Polycom 650 phone cleared that problem.  Even though the blank LCD problem was limited to the three devices stated previously, we went ahead and updated the 7100 to the latest firmware release anyways.