cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kd7jz
New Contributor

Can I manually confiugre a non-Adtran/Polycom phone for use with a 7100?

Jump to solution

Sorry if this is an obvious question. I am an Adtran novice jumping into a project already underway. Can I configure other brands of phones for use with the 7100 manually instead of TFTPing their config from the PBX?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I manually confiugre a non-Adtran/Polycom phone for use with a 7100?

Jump to solution

kd7jz,

There are many IP Phones and softphones that are not supported, but may still work if you can configure them properly.  It may be best to check out the documentation for your specific phone from the manufacturer or see if their support can help in getting the phone provisioned correctly and registered to the 7100.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

kd7jz,

There are many IP Phones and softphones that are not supported, but may still work if you can configure them properly.  It may be best to check out the documentation for your specific phone from the manufacturer or see if their support can help in getting the phone provisioned correctly and registered to the 7100.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

What are the requirements to look at for on an unsupported phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Unsupported phones are not auto-provisioned by the unit and are not tested to ensure compatibility.  You would need to provide a method to provision the phones, have them register, and test the call flows you anticipate to ensure they work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt