cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can the NV7100 work with the Polycom VVX D60 wireless phone or any other SIP wireless solution (SNOM, Panasonic, etc...)

Existing NV7100 customer need to implement a cordless / wireless phone for their small warehouse, but we do not have any available slots or FXS ports available for a regular analog version. So, I am trying to find an SIP version that I can register with the 7100 and will allow callers to make or take calls.  That is about it functionally.

Customer is interested in either the new Polycom VVX D60 wireless phone or the Panasonic SIP DECT Cordless version, but can they be added to the 7100?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can the NV7100 work with the Polycom VVX D60 wireless phone or any other SIP wireless solution (SNOM, Panasonic, etc...)

Jim,

One option is using the Polycom Wifi SpectraLink phones. The 7100 supports the following models: 8440, 8450, 8452.

When you create a user and add the phone type, scroll down to the very bottom to see these options.

Link:

http://www.spectralink.com/products/wi-fi/spectralink-84-series-wireless-telephones

Hope that helps

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can the NV7100 work with the Polycom VVX D60 wireless phone or any other SIP wireless solution (SNOM, Panasonic, etc...)

I did not realize that those are WiFi based.  What about working with the Panasonic SIP DECT Cordless phones?  I can't find anything on the KB with any suggestion or instructions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jim,

The phones aren’t actually supported. What that means is that they haven’t been tested and approved by our product. They should work, but just not tested. All you have to do is create a sip user and don’t assign a phone model to it. Same steps like your creating a softphone. Create a SIP Authentication password and then manually configure the phone to register to the 7100.

The Polycom VVX D60 wireless phone or the Panasonic SIP DECT Cordless version should work. You might not get all the features to work but basic call functionality will work.

Another option is the SNOM phone, here are some version that has worked with 710 in past:

Snom M9 Wireless DECT Phone & Charger w/DECT Base Station/Gateway 00002814

Snom M9 Expansion Phone w/Charger 00002641

Snom M3 Wireless DECT Phone & Charger w/DECT Base Station/Gateway SMM3B

Snom M3 Wireless Phone w/Charger (Enhancement Set) 00001592

Snom M3 DECT Repeater 00001713

Here is config guide on getting SNOM configured to work with 7100.

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2338

Hope that helps.

-Mark

dmac
New Contributor III

I have a Panasonic TGP500 up and working connected to an Adtran 6355. The configuration is about the same as on a 7100. the TGP-500 is priced reasonable and can have up to 6 handsets and 8 phone numbers. Phone numbers can be assigned to individual handsets or to any and all handsets. I believe it can only handles 3 active calls at a time. The one thing that is annoying is the web interface for the TGP500 times out and has to be re-activated from one of the phones in order to access the unit from a browser.

Doug

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have installed several Panasonics on 7100's.  They work well.  You get up to 6 handsets, but only 3 calls into the base at the same time.  Most of the time this is not an issue.  there is a new model out that supports more calls and stations, I think it has a color screen as well.

The only issue you will have is that calls will be dropped at the 1 minute mark unless you stop SIP info messages from the 7100.  The panasonic will not respond correctly and the 7100 will drop the call.

Issue the command "no sip-keep-alive" to the user and you will be good.

I have also installed several Spectralink phones.  They do config natively and work great.  The only drawback is that they are expensive.  If you customer is in a small enough area, the DECT solution will be fine.  If you have to use this device in a large office, or warehouse go with the spectralink.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jim, I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks

Jay