cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you register analog stations on 924e to a NV7100 remotely?

Jump to solution

Wondering if this is possible through a VPN tunnel, similar to the way you get the Polycom's to register over the WAN. I'd like to have a remote 924e containing 5 analog stations register to a remote NV7100. These would be on separte networks in different locations.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you register analog stations on 924e to a NV7100 remotely?

Jump to solution

Brian,

Yes, this is possible.  The TA 900s would need to have a SIP trunk back to the 7100 and then you could configure the analog voice users to register with the sip-identity command.  Here is a sample configuration of how to accomplish that:

!

voice user 4200  

connect fxs 0/1  

sip-identity 4200 T01 register auth-name 4200 password 1234

!

NOTE:  In this example T01 would be the SIP trunk used to reach the 7100 from the TA 900.  The 7100 would need to be configured with a SIP voice user of 4200 and a sip-authentication password of 1234 .

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brian,

Yes, this is possible.  The TA 900s would need to have a SIP trunk back to the 7100 and then you could configure the analog voice users to register with the sip-identity command.  Here is a sample configuration of how to accomplish that:

!

voice user 4200  

connect fxs 0/1  

sip-identity 4200 T01 register auth-name 4200 password 1234

!

NOTE:  In this example T01 would be the SIP trunk used to reach the 7100 from the TA 900.  The 7100 would need to be configured with a SIP voice user of 4200 and a sip-authentication password of 1234 .

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful answers as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this. Just let me know in reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt