cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear Voicemail boxes

I need to reset / clear a bunch of user's voicemail boxes at a car dealership, and was hoping that there is a CLI command for deleting these messages.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clear Voicemail boxes

Jim,

Have these people left the company and you are just replacing the extension with a new user and want the voicemail cleared? Or you just need to clear backed up VMs for these users who haven’t deleted their emails.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark,

I know how to reset the user vmail box, but I am waiting to also clear the new /saved vmail messages.

After resetting the vmail box, I checked the Voicemail Status screen and it still shows the user having the messages.  Don't know of any way to do this from the GUI, so was wondering if there was a CLI command.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you resetting the vmail box? Reason why I ask is that there are multiple ways of doing this with different results.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark,

I typically just use the New User Reminder to reset things for the users, but it doesn't delete the old messages.  This is what I am trying to solve, and I am assuming that there is other ways?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jim,

Sorry for late response, the email got buried in my inbox.

There are a couple things you can do.

1. You go log into the personal phone manager of that user using their extension/VM password and delete all VMs there. To do that just enter 10.10.10.1 from browser of PC on LAN of 7100.

2. What I typically teach in class is to just delete that user and extension, and then recreate the same extension again with new name. That will always delete any voicemails and greetings associated to the old user. Best way to just clear everything.

Don’t forget to update the phone directories anytime you update or change a person assigned to a phone extension.

-Mark