cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Netvanta 7060 stop and require reboot to function periodically? Wesee this

We installed a Netvanta 7060 with 4 analog trunk feeds.  There are 15 internal extensions.

After ~ 6 weeks of use the unit would not receive incoming or deliver dial tone for inside or outside calls.  I could log onto the unit and did not see anything out of order.  I did a remote reboot and all went back to normal.  After ~7 weeks we saw the same behavior.  In both cases this was discovered in the morning when people came in to the office.  There is a UPS for the unit which would provide ~ 30 - 45 min of life so if there would have been a power outage it would have been prolonged and then power would have returned before people came in.  We have no data indicating any power outage.  The Netvanta 7060 showed, prior to the reboot that the unit had been on for a time frame consistent w the durations of ~ 6 and ~ 7 weeks respectively.

We do not have auto attendant or voice mail enabled yet.  All phones are driven from the built in Netvanta 7060 switch; we have other managed switches but they do not drive phones and the phone VLAN is not seen on other managed switches.

Has anyone else seen this and have any suggestions on what is the cause?

The firmware version is R11.4.3.E.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Netvanta 7060 stop and require reboot to function periodically? Wesee this

Gene, this is more than likely going to require a support ticket to troubleshoot, as it's not likely to be something straightforward. The one thing I might suggest is bypassing the UPS. We have seen issues in the past where dirty power from a UPS can cause the system to act up. Short of that, there should be no reason you would have to reboot the unit to restore function. Thanks

Jay