cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpalacios
New Contributor II

I am having a problem uploading some audio recordings for my auto attendant.

I am having problems uploading my auto attendant recordings. I keep going in circles on this website. I have a Netvanta 7100 series.

Currently my recordings are in wave format. I cannot even find the software that will convert my recordings to correct format required.

I read the system requires G729, PCMU or PCMA. However, I used an online tool to covert to G729. It did not work. I got an error message that my file was too long.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: I am having a problem uploading some audio recordings for my auto attendant.

I have read that the following app is the Swiss Army knife of audio manipulation / audio conversion.  Not sure if it will work for you but may be worth a shot!

SoX - Sound eXchange | HomePage

dmac
New Contributor III

Re: I am having a problem uploading some audio recordings for my auto attendant.

You need the "Netvanta Audio Converter" application. There is some wacky encoding of the G729 wav files that makes the G729 file un-playable from any normal player. What the converter does is take the original recording in MP3, G711_8 or G711_16 and creates 3 folders in the destination location. Folders are: G729, PCMA and PCMU. I copy the wav file from each folder to the corresponding folder on the 7100 CFlash under "AA/Prompts". I also copy the G729 file to the to the "AA/prompts" folder. I have the install zip file of the converter if you can't find it.

Doug

jpalacios
New Contributor II

I have searched for the Netvanta Audio Converter and it just vanished. I would greatly appreciate it if you can tell me how to get the converter.

Currently, my auto-attendants are outdated and I am getting upset customers because our business hours do not reflect the recording.

I found a files that tells me to download two files with instructions, but I have no access to them. I have submitted two request to Adtran, but apparently, because my systems are out of support, no one from Adtran has contacted me either email or a call.

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-5040

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-5061

Jose

dmac
New Contributor III

email  me offline at dmcmullen@pascocountyfl.net. I can email you the zip file if you can receive zip files. it's only 500k.

Doug

jpalacios
New Contributor II

Thank you Doug for the offer. I sent you an email recently.

Joseph

dmac
New Contributor III

Joseph,

Have you been able to update your messages on the system with the converter??

Doug

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI use at your own discretion, there was a licensing/copyright issue with the original open source portion of the G.729 codec in the converter and it is not technically legal to use anymore.  That's why you can no longer find all the pieces to make the converter work properly.  There maybe a paid version available but it would like require re-writing the Netvanta Audio Converter to use the paid version of the application.  Not sure if there are any outstanding legal ramifications for someone that still has it and uses or not.  To be safe I removed all of the converted files from all system I managed and instead using good quality speakers on a HD Voice phone played the recording in there orginal wav format over a C while recording the message from the handset.

John Wable