cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to remove 9, but it still requires a 9 to dial out. the dial plan, it i delete the string 9NXX-NXX-XXXX it removes local calling.

I am trying to remove 9, but it still requires a 9 to dial out. the dial plan, it i delete the string 9NXX-NXX-XXXX it removes local calling.

I tried to follow:

The basic procedure is:

• evaluate if any other system numbers use the digit you want to use for an outside line
  • adjust the system dial plan  (Voice > Dial Plan)
  • adjust the phone dial plan (Voice > IP Phone Globals > Default Settings tab)
  • adjust the trunk dial plan (Voice > Trunk Groups > select applicable trunk group > expand detailed view > Configure Advanced Templates button)
  • add DNIS substitutions so the proper numbers are sent out the trunk to the PSTN (Voice > Trunk Accounts > select trunk > DNIS Substitution tab)

but it isn't working.

Firmware VersionR10.5.0.E
Part Number1200796E1
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am trying to remove 9, but it still requires a 9 to dial out. the dial plan, it i delete the string 9NXX-NXX-XXXX it removes local calling.

I would recommend upgrading to at least R10.8 or later and follow this config guide:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-6267

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am trying to remove 9, but it still requires a 9 to dial out. the dial plan, it i delete the string 9NXX-NXX-XXXX it removes local calling.

10.8 would be nice, but we have 10.5.0. where do i remove the 9 from dialing out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Tech Support doesn’t support R10.5 anymore:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-7053

Thus we currently don’t support that application of removing the TAC prior to R10.8.

If you still want to remove the TAC, you will need to upgrade firmware.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

-Mark

In the newer firmware you would make this kind of change from the GUI:  "Voice -> Trunk Accounts"  and select the trunk that the call would be going out on.  Then go down near the bottom and select the "DNIS Substitution" Tab.

So for a local call you would look like:  Match Number:  NXX-XXXX    and the Substitution Number:  9-NXX-XXXX

Local 10 digit would look like: Match Number:  NXX-NXX-XXXX  and the Substitution Number: 9-NXX-NXX-XXXX

-- In the GUI: "Voice -> Trunk Groups" options make sure the outbound trunk group is allowing these types of calls to go through it. Check the "Permission Template" to make sure.

Hope this helps.  JA

P.S. - This works under the default dial plans so if you modified them you may have to put them back.  Numbers put in the trunk group also have impact here as well.   If you are still having an issue I recommend doing a debug on the call - GUI: "Utilities -> Debug Unit" - Select options "sip stack - messages and voice - verbose"  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your assumption is incorrect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan, if you still have further questions, please let us know. Thanks

Jay