cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayg75
New Contributor III

I need an extension to ring a couple of times before forwarding to a cell phone

Jump to solution

Normally I would go to Voice-User account-user-edit-call coverage.  The problem I have is that I worked with support and we changed the dial out number on the phone system to 7 instead of 9.  In the GUI when I try to set it to forward to an external number it automatically puts the 9 in instead of the 7.  I need to know how to set the number of rings and then the forwarding in the CLI instead of the GUI. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need an extension to ring a couple of times before forwarding to a cell phone

Jump to solution

Ray, when you use the "forward" option, it is going to immediately forward all calls for that user to the specified number. If your goal is to forward calls after a certain number of rings, you need to use the "coverage external" option instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need an extension to ring a couple of times before forwarding to a cell phone

Jump to solution

Rayg75, you would need to do the following:

enable

(enable password)

config t

voice user <extension>

coverage external <external number>

num-rings <number of rings>

rayg75
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I put those commands in and did not get any errors but when I call the extension it only rings on the cell phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ray, can you please reply with the "show run voice user" for that particular user? The complete command would be "show run voice user 1234" where 1234 is the extension.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

rayg75,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  If so, can you come back to this thread to post the solution so others can benefit from it, or provide an update?  If you still need assistance, we would be happy to continue working with you, just let us know.  We will need the information requested from the last reply to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Matt

rayg75
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

voice user 109

connect sip

cos "normal_users"

first-name "Charles"

last-name "Smith"

password "1234"

caller-id-override external-number 2565364232

forward "72566038069"

no fwd-courtesy

num-rings 3

coverage global go_to_voicemail

sip-authentication password "1234"

codec-group g711_first

alias 2419

directory-include "Internal"

directory-include "*****"

email csmith@****.com

no voicemail new-user

voicemail auth-mode password

--MORE--                          voicemail cos normal_voicemail

voicemail notify email attach-message pcm

voicemail password "1432"

voicemail notify schedule Sunday 12:00 am

notify email primary

!

!

end

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ray, when you use the "forward" option, it is going to immediately forward all calls for that user to the specified number. If your goal is to forward calls after a certain number of rings, you need to use the "coverage external" option instead.

0 Kudos
rayg75
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I just applied the command I will have end user try it tomorrow. 

Thanks,