cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayg75
New Contributor III

IP706 Netvanta 7100 can pick up second line

Jump to solution

I have a 7100 and ip706 phones.  All of the phones that located in the same office as the 7100 work fine.  I have two phones that are at a remote site connected through a point to point connection.  There was power outage a few weeks ago and they 7100 got rebooted.  Now the phones at the remote location cannot put a call on hold and answer a second call.  If they put the first call on hold they cannot pick up the second line.  Both lines ring and they can pick up the second line on the other phone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IP706 Netvanta 7100 can pick up second line

Jump to solution

rayg75,

ADTRAN IP phones only have one call appearance per line key. On the remote phones do they show more than one line key?  If so you may want to check the configuration for those voice users to ensure that call waiting is currently enabled.  Browse to Voice > User Accounts > select the user and click Edit > Current Settings tab.  On that screen make sure Call Waiting is check marked as well as Ring Group Call waiting if these are ring group or operator group calls and then click Apply.  Make sure to save the configuration if you make any changes after testing.  If these are not set the most likely scenario is they were changed previous to the power cycle but the configuration was not saved. 

If none of that helps I would likely need to see the current configuration as well as the output from a debug sip stack messages and debug voice verbose when the problem is recreated.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

rayg75,

ADTRAN IP phones only have one call appearance per line key. On the remote phones do they show more than one line key?  If so you may want to check the configuration for those voice users to ensure that call waiting is currently enabled.  Browse to Voice > User Accounts > select the user and click Edit > Current Settings tab.  On that screen make sure Call Waiting is check marked as well as Ring Group Call waiting if these are ring group or operator group calls and then click Apply.  Make sure to save the configuration if you make any changes after testing.  If these are not set the most likely scenario is they were changed previous to the power cycle but the configuration was not saved. 

If none of that helps I would likely need to see the current configuration as well as the output from a debug sip stack messages and debug voice verbose when the problem is recreated.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

rayg75,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  If possible, please come back to update this post so other members of the community can benefit from it.  If you are still having trouble with this I would be happy to help, but will need the information requested from my last reply.

Thanks,
Matt

rayg75
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I went back and re-read your first post and I missed the part about the ring group call waiting. I enabled that and it resolved the issue.  I had already uploaded two files this morning called. Config-nv7100-07-18-2013.cfg and rglenn071713.log.  Those can be deleted.  Thanks for your help.

rayg75
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I am trying to find where to mark it as answered but for some reason I am not seeing it this morning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

There should be buttons at the bottom of each reply in the thread when you are logged in to select correct and helpful answers.  They look like this screenshot from the part of our section:

Correct Answer.png

jephph
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

But you must be logged in as a user to see the buttons…