cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnoyes
New Contributor III

Installation mode.

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use the new Installation Mode feature in the latest 7100 firmware but it doesnt appear to be working correctly.  The Polycom phone is prompting for a user ID and Password but the phone is not showing up in the IP Phone Configs list on the 7100. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Installation mode.

Jump to solution

One more thing to check which I forgot about. For installation mode to work properly, the default user account 2000 with the sip auth password “1234” must still be configured on the 7100.  The IP phone needs to register to that for it to show up in the GUI in Installation mode.

Hope that helps.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The Installation mode is mentioned in the new Hot Desking config guide:  https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-6072

If the phone is not showing up in the ipconfig list  then Here are some questions:

1. Did you factory default this unit with the phone previously configured on it?

-If so, then you will need to create a user and assign the mac address of that phone to it. then delete that user and the phone config.

-Then reboot the phone and it should appear in the list.

Here is how the installation mode should work:

When you see the login, you can enter the user's extension and password and that phone now becomes the phone for that user.

From the GUI, go to IP Phone Configs and the phone will appear orange and say "Installation". You can double click on the phone and assign it a new extension or to an existing extension assigned to a user.

One way to do this for installs is to upload a CSV file with just first, last names and extensions columns, delete all other ones, then plug in all the phones, then just assign the phones to the users. This way you never have to enter a MAC address since they automatically appear in the IP Phone Config menu.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Mark

dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Yes, this unit was reset to factory default.  I tried your solution above but the phone still does not show in the list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

ok, do this,

Create the user with MAC address of the phone.

reboot the phone, verify that the phone successfully registers to the 7100.

Delete the user

delete the config file

default the phone by referencing the last page of this document:  https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2830

Let me know results.

Have you configured this unit yet? Last option is to format cflash. but let's see what happens here first.

-Mark

dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I was able to successfully register the phone, and delete the user and config files but it still doesn't show up in the list after its deleted.  Should I try to format?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

yes,

as long as you don't mind wiping your config.

Do this:

Make sure your .biz file is on cflash

then do:

erase flash

copy the .biz from cflash back to flash

then do

erase cflash

they put the .biz file back where it was to start with and reload the unit.

do not save.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

One more thing to check which I forgot about. For installation mode to work properly, the default user account 2000 with the sip auth password “1234” must still be configured on the 7100.  The IP phone needs to register to that for it to show up in the GUI in Installation mode.

Hope that helps.

-Mark

0 Kudos
dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks Mark.  That was the problem.  I was able to re-add the 2000 account and the phone does show up in the list now.  I appreciate your help.

-Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dan,

Glad that fixed your problem, sorry I didn't remember that earlier. Hope you have a great day!

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dan,

It was brought to my attention that Installation mode is also referenced in this document:  https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-6073

Just wanted to dd this to the thread. We are updating the documents to add the requirement of user 2000 so others will not run into this again.

-Mark