cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mctek
New Contributor II

Is there a way to duplicate Auto Attendant alternate greeting functionality?

With our old phone system, we had an Auto Attendant alternate greeting function, where we could remotely record a message which would play in front of the AA main greeting. This was useful for snow days, business closings or other messages.

I don't see any similar functionality available and am thinking I may have to use a separate AA which can be activated by switching to a Custom System Mode.

Has anyone see or duplicated this functionality?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to duplicate Auto Attendant alternate greeting functionality?

mctek wrote:

With our old phone system, we had an Auto Attendant alternate greeting function, where we could remotely record a message which would play in front of the AA main greeting. This was useful for snow days, business closings or other messages.

I don't see any similar functionality available and am thinking I may have to use a separate AA which can be activated by switching to a Custom System Mode.

Has anyone see or duplicated this functionality?

Using a digit option to move the system to another system mode is the best option. If you have remote admin access allowed, you could log into the system and record a new greeting, but the easiest method would be to have another auto attendant ready to go.