cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plsmith926
New Contributor

NV7000 - Configuring ringback for calls placed on Hold

Jump to solution

I would like to configure the system to ring back when a call has been placed on hold for a certain amount of time. For example, we had a caller placed on hold for 13 minutes and nobody picked the call back up. I would like the call on hold to ring back to the receiver so this does not happen. I can't find the settings in the NV7000 Management Interface though. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NV7000 - Configuring ringback for calls placed on Hold

Jump to solution

plsmith926,

Thank you for posting this question.  Unfortunately there is not a hold return feature.  However, there is a call park return that functions this way when you place calls in a park zone. 

For calls placed on hold, there is a hold reminder that will beep to remind the user a call is on hold.  I have included links to the guides that detail how to enable this feature for ADTRAN IP 700 phones as well as Polycom phones below.

ADTRAN IP 700 Hold Reminder:

Polycom Hold Reminder:

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

plsmith926,

Thank you for posting this question.  Unfortunately there is not a hold return feature.  However, there is a call park return that functions this way when you place calls in a park zone. 

For calls placed on hold, there is a hold reminder that will beep to remind the user a call is on hold.  I have included links to the guides that detail how to enable this feature for ADTRAN IP 700 phones as well as Polycom phones below.

ADTRAN IP 700 Hold Reminder:

Polycom Hold Reminder:

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Matt,

I followed the directions for Enabling the Hold Reminder on ADTRAN IP 700 Phones, but the changes do not save. Any way to fix this?

Thank you,

Tricia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If you are trying to do this using IE 9, you may be running into an issue that we are aware of and will fix in a future release.  If you have tried a different browser, or upgraded to IE 10, I would suggest defaulting the phone by going to Menu > 2. Phone Settings > 9. Reset > press the Factory softkey at the bottom of the screen > press the OK softkey at the bottom of the screen.  After the phone reboots test it again.  If that does not work can you send me a screenshot of Voice > IP Phone Configs > Global Files tab > ADTRAN adtran_customer.txt tab?

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

OK, I had another issue arise yesterday. I cannot go to the Voice > IP Phone Global page. I get an error message saying "503: server error". This is the only page with this error so far. It happened initially after I saved my changes to the Global File DTRAN adtran_customer.txt tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Tricia,

If you clear your browser cache or use a different browser all together does the issue still occur? 

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

Matt,

I just tried opening the IP Phone Global page in Explorer 10, Chrome and Firefox. Tested on another computer as well, and come across the same issue.

Tricia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Tricia,

Do you know what version the unit is running?  It should tell you on the System Summary page of the GUI.   Also, I would be interested to see if rebooting the unit resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

It is running version R10.8.0.E.

Tricia

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:45 AM, matt <adtran@adtran.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Tricia,

If a reboot does not resolve the issue I would recommend upgrading to R10.8.1

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt