cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Netvanta 7100 with 4 analog line (shared line appearance) and 5 sip trunks and 10 did's

Hi,

I have aNetvanta 7100.  We have 4 analog lines configured for shared line appearance on 10 phones.  We want only 2 phones to ring on incoming calls.  I understand that we can do this with silent ring.

When you configure silent ring, there are options to silent internal or external calls.  Let's say I turn of external calls for this phone.

Can I make a DID ring on one of the silent phone?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 7100 with 4 analog line (shared line appearance) and 5 sip trunks and 10 did's

touristsis,

If you set the external rings to silent it will be silent even for DID calls.  I don't know if it helps your application but as an alternative to a Shared Line Account (SLA) you can use Source and ANI Based Routing (SABR) to force certain users out particular analog trunks on outbound calls and use a trunk-number pointed to a ring-group extension to make certain phones ring for inbound calls.  This may only be possible if you don't need a SLA specific feature like public hold.

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 7100 with 4 analog line (shared line appearance) and 5 sip trunks and 10 did's

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If the response on this thread assisted you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make it visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt