cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Network two 7100 together with VPN/GRE IPSEC

Jump to solution

Hi,  I'm trying to network 2 7100 together with VPN/GRE IPSEC.  I can't seems to get the rtp to work.  Any help is appreciated.

Here is what I did.

I created a vpn

Then set it to GRE over VPN

I've created a loopback ip for both system.

Then I tie the system together. (I've used it loopback ip the sip server).

Here is where I think the problem is.

Every ip interface has ip media gateway.

Public interface - what should the ip media gateway be set to?

Tunnel interface - what should the ip media gateway be set to?
Prinvate interface - what should the ip media gateway be set to?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Network two 7100 together with VPN/GRE IPSEC

Jump to solution

There are a couple of ways to make this work.  If you use a loopback interface you will want to assign it an unused IP address from the voice vlan with a 32 bit mask. You can have the tunnel 1 and private interface point to the loopback interface with the media-gateway ip loopback 1 command.  If you do that, the SIP trunk configuration on the remote unit would need to point to the local loopback 1 interface IP address.  The SIP server configured on the local phones (IP Phone Configs > select a phone and click edit > go to the Phone Settings tab) would also need to point to the local loopback 1 interface IP address.  The public interface would not matter in this case unless a public SIP trunk is used.  This approach is outlined in our SIP Networking Guide here:

Configuring SIP Trunking and Networking for the NetVanta 7000 Series

Alternatively, you can omit the use of a loopback interface since the tunnel has its own IP address that can be used for media.  If this method is used the tunnel 1 interface would be configured with the normal media-gateway ip primary command. The private interface would also be configured with the media-gateway ip primary command. The remote SIP trunk would need to point to the local tunnel 1 interface IP address (not the tunnel source address), and the SIP server for the local phones would need to be configured for the local voice vlan IP address.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Network two 7100 together with VPN/GRE IPSEC

Jump to solution

There are a couple of ways to make this work.  If you use a loopback interface you will want to assign it an unused IP address from the voice vlan with a 32 bit mask. You can have the tunnel 1 and private interface point to the loopback interface with the media-gateway ip loopback 1 command.  If you do that, the SIP trunk configuration on the remote unit would need to point to the local loopback 1 interface IP address.  The SIP server configured on the local phones (IP Phone Configs > select a phone and click edit > go to the Phone Settings tab) would also need to point to the local loopback 1 interface IP address.  The public interface would not matter in this case unless a public SIP trunk is used.  This approach is outlined in our SIP Networking Guide here:

Configuring SIP Trunking and Networking for the NetVanta 7000 Series

Alternatively, you can omit the use of a loopback interface since the tunnel has its own IP address that can be used for media.  If this method is used the tunnel 1 interface would be configured with the normal media-gateway ip primary command. The private interface would also be configured with the media-gateway ip primary command. The remote SIP trunk would need to point to the local tunnel 1 interface IP address (not the tunnel source address), and the SIP server for the local phones would need to be configured for the local voice vlan IP address.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos