cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Re: One way audio for incoming calls

Hi Jay, In comparing 7100 configuration from problem site with other sites configuration I noticed the following difference:

Other sites have the following entry for extended InterVLAN ip access list where the Source is VLAN1 and Destination is VLAN2 then another entry where Source is VLAN2 and Destination is VLAN1 (see example below):

ip access-list extended InterVLAN

remark Voice / Data VLAN Traffic 

permit ip 10.59.2.0 0.0.0.255  10.59.22.0 0.0.0.255    

permit ip 10.59.22.0 0.0.0.255  10.59.2.0 0.0.0.255

At the site we are having one-way audio extended InterVLAN access list differs because it does not show VLAN1 (10.59.8.0) or VLAN2 (10.59.28.0) for either source or destination:

ip access-list extended InterVLAN 

remark Voice / Data VLAN Traffic 

permit ip 10.59.0.0 0.0.0.255  10.10.20.0 0.0.0.255    

permit ip 10.10.20.0 0.0.0.255  10.59.0.0 0.0.0.255  

The firewall is not on so I don't know that this might even be a problem but just throwing it out there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The reason I ask is that 7102's IP address is on the same subnet as the 7100. Since you were talking about remote sites, I was assuming they would be separated.

The firewall config would have no bearing on traffic unless the firewall was turned on.

Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi.  Yes, the 7102 extension is on the same subnet/ location as the 7100.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Aaron, if you're experiencing one-way audio on the same subnet as the 7100, I would recommend opening a ticket with support. This is likely going to require DSP captures and packet captures to nail down the source of the audio loss, since the 7100 isn't running a firewall and there can't be a routing issue. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have seen similar behavior in a couple of scenarios.  Not sure which one is pertinent for you but might be worth checking into.  It seems your issue maybe time related as in it happens after sitting in queue for awhile.  It maybe related to the RTP port being shutdown somewhere along the way due to the length of time the port has been open.  I had this situation start occurring on me after the Voice Vendor moved us from one switch platform to another switch platform without notifying me of the change until after the fact.  The new platform had a different port timeout then the orginal one, but since the provider could not fix the issue I set all the phones to remote phones so they perform keep-alives more often, not the best solution but it got management off my back until we can get the numbers ported to a carrier that works correctly. 

Second possibility with 11.4.5 code on the 7100 the command "ip rtp media-anchoring" was removed from the 7100 meaning that it does not keep itself inserted in the middle of a call anymore so if the call is moved to a device that is no longer directly connect the RTP stream breaks.  This type of scenario is common when calls are being moved between B2BUA since you want to create a break point between your network and the carrier as an example, and since you specifically mention an SBC between you and your providers 908E this is very possible.  If the problem started being reported after updating to 11.4.5 but not before downgrade your 7100 to 11.4.4 and see if your problem goes away. 

John Wable

0 Kudos