Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Modes and Holidays

Jump to solution

Hi all,

The situation is this:

Our 7100 has scheduled system modes.  When staff works during the weekend, enabling Override allows calls to come in as if it were any other business day.  However, during holidays, we need callers to go directly to our After Hours Auto Attendant.  What is the best way to accomplish this?  Will I have to remove the schedules in order to set the system modes manually?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scheduled Modes and Holidays

Jump to solution

If you are already using a system mode schedule, then setting the unit to override mode is the only option to bypass it.  Depending on your setup and call flows, you can:

• Reconfigure override mode to function the way you want for the holidays and then change it back.
  • Create a separate auto attendant extension that functions the same way as your existing after hours one, and reassign the main DID to route straight to it temporarily during the holidays.  After the holidays you will need to reassign the DID back to its normal home. 

Make sure to test your solution ahead of time to ensure it functions the way you want. If you have any additional questions, I would be happy to help, just let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If you are already using a system mode schedule, then setting the unit to override mode is the only option to bypass it.  Depending on your setup and call flows, you can:

• Reconfigure override mode to function the way you want for the holidays and then change it back.
  • Create a separate auto attendant extension that functions the same way as your existing after hours one, and reassign the main DID to route straight to it temporarily during the holidays.  After the holidays you will need to reassign the DID back to its normal home. 

Make sure to test your solution ahead of time to ensure it functions the way you want. If you have any additional questions, I would be happy to help, just let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Matt.  Did I understand correctly that both of these solutions require me to make changes everytime a holiday comes up? The problem with this is that we have multiple sites, each with it's own Ring Groups, Auto Attendants and main numbers.  Our organization observes about 14 different holidays throughout the year and I'm trying to keep it as simple and automated as possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That is correct.  Override mode can only be used for one set of call flows.  If it has been purposed for changing the behavior when employees come in to work on the weekends it cannot also be used to change the behavior for holidays unless the call flows for each do not interfere with each other somehow.

Thanks,
Matt