cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sencomm_b
New Contributor II

Upgraded 7100 firmware to R11-4-2-E, but system will only run on backup version. Why?

Jump to solution

I upgraded the primary firmware on my Netvanta 7100 to R11-4-2-E, but the unit will only run on the backup firmware which is R10-9-6-E. Why won't it run on the primary firmware as it has in the past when I've done upgrades?System Summary.PNGCLI Flash.PNGCurrent Version in CLI.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgraded 7100 firmware to R11-4-2-E, but system will only run on backup version. Why?

Jump to solution

Brandon

The number next to the file name is the file size, which is 12.6 MB in this case.  There must have been some issue during the file transfer to the NV7100 or the download of the file from the ADTRAN website.  The proper file size in flash should be 23.9 MB.  Try downloading the file again and uploading it to the NV7100. 

Thanks,

Charles

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgraded 7100 firmware to R11-4-2-E, but system will only run on backup version. Why?

Jump to solution

Brandon

The number next to the file name is the file size, which is 12.6 MB in this case.  There must have been some issue during the file transfer to the NV7100 or the download of the file from the ADTRAN website.  The proper file size in flash should be 23.9 MB.  Try downloading the file again and uploading it to the NV7100. 

Thanks,

Charles

sencomm_b
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Charles,

I downloaded the file again and uploaded to the 7100. It worked.

Thanks,

Brandon