cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phuggins
New Contributor

Voicemail works when external callers are transferred, however internal users are unable to receive or call an internal extension and hear the voicemail...what am I missing?

Jump to solution

For the better part of 2 weeks, I have been dealing with a problem with our Netvanta 7100 and UC Server regarding voicemail.  I can blind transfer anyone calling from an external location to voicemail and they are able to leave a message.  Internal users are unable to retrieve voicemail unless they have the voicemail to email setup.  Not sure where to go with on this on.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voicemail works when external callers are transferred, however internal users are unable to receive or call an internal extension and hear the voicemail...what am I missing?

Jump to solution

Patrick, it looks like your UC server is sitting on your data subnet while your phones are on a voice subnet. There is currently no firewall rule to allow the 2 to talk without going through NAT. Please follow the "Configure InterVLAN Firewall Rules" portion of this guide:

Configuring InterVLAN Routing in AOS - Quick Configuration Guide

Thanks

Jay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voicemail works when external callers are transferred, however internal users are unable to receive or call an internal extension and hear the voicemail...what am I missing?

Jump to solution

Patrick, please reply with the configuration of your 7100 and a packet capture taken on your UC server when someone attempts to access their own voicemail. Thanks

Jay

Jump to solution

I'm relatively new to the data capture side of things...I hope what I submitted via ftp is sufficient....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Patrick, just start Wireshark on the UC server, attempt a call into voicemail, then stop the capture and save the file. That file is what I'll need. Thanks

Jump to solution

File has been sent. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Patrick, it looks like your UC server is sitting on your data subnet while your phones are on a voice subnet. There is currently no firewall rule to allow the 2 to talk without going through NAT. Please follow the "Configure InterVLAN Firewall Rules" portion of this guide:

Configuring InterVLAN Routing in AOS - Quick Configuration Guide

Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Awesome!  Thanks a million!