cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

trunk to trunk transfer on a 7100

Jump to solution

I have a customer with a 7100 (running latest system/phone firmware) and they regularly use the trunk to trunk transfer feature. A call comes into the switchboard (incoming over a TDM PRI with the outgoing leg over the same PRI)) and they transfer it out to another number outside the system. Up until a couple of weeks ago, everything was working fine.

Now when they try to perform this action the 7100 is making two simultaneous calls to the remote number. Carrier is saying it's not their issue and at this point I believe them but I have no idea what may have changed to the 7100 to cause this behavior.

Ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: trunk to trunk transfer on a 7100

Jump to solution

I just wanted to update this post in case it will help someone else.  The debug for this showed that the new referred call is getting a busy, indicating the far-end destination hasn't completely cleared. A new command was added starting in AOS 11.4.0 to accommodate for this situation so the refer up to the switchboard can be delayed up to 3 seconds. This increases the amount of time between the disconnect of one call and initiation of the new call. The current default delay is 250 ms.  This new command will be added to the AOS Command Reference Guide.

7100(config)#voice timeouts delay-refer

<250-3000> - Enter the time in ms

7100(config)#voice timeouts delay-refer 3000

This setting should only be modified if this rare situation is seen or directed by ADTRAN Technical Support. Anything more than 250 ms will result in a brief pause between the old call and the new call.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

a_fuller

Please reply with the current NV7100 configuration and the output from "debug isdn l2-format" and "debug voice verbose" during this call flow.  This will show if the NV7100 is generating 2 new calls for this external transfer.

Thanks,

Charles

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

a_fuller,

I see you opened a support ticket for this problem.  It would be best to continue to work with ADTRAN Support on the ticket.  When a final resolution is reached on this please come back to update this post with the solution so others can benefit from it.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just wanted to update this post in case it will help someone else.  The debug for this showed that the new referred call is getting a busy, indicating the far-end destination hasn't completely cleared. A new command was added starting in AOS 11.4.0 to accommodate for this situation so the refer up to the switchboard can be delayed up to 3 seconds. This increases the amount of time between the disconnect of one call and initiation of the new call. The current default delay is 250 ms.  This new command will be added to the AOS Command Reference Guide.

7100(config)#voice timeouts delay-refer

<250-3000> - Enter the time in ms

7100(config)#voice timeouts delay-refer 3000

This setting should only be modified if this rare situation is seen or directed by ADTRAN Technical Support. Anything more than 250 ms will result in a brief pause between the old call and the new call.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos