cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmarin
New Contributor

Can't open UC client

I recently took over managing a NetVanta UC server. I don't have much detail on the software specs and I can't contact the previous admin for the system.

So, the software has been working fine for a while. As far as I know, it's been running along nicely for at least 2-3 years. Now, all of a sudden, the UC client will not open. When attempting to launch, it looks like it's trying to run setup. A window comes up with "Please wait while Windows configures ADTRAN NetVanta Unified Communications Server" but it fails with an error "An error has occurred creating the Sip Database, Return:1. To install the product UCS please run CAAutoRun.exe."

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.  Please help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't open UC client

jmarin,

I would start by running the utility to restart all the services it maybe one of the service has stalled, or possible restarting the UC server.  Also might be helpful if you could provide additional details such as is the admin UC Client on the server itself or is it on a different system and a user version of the client.  Has anything changed on the account trying to run it, i.e. password change, new account.  Has there been any changes to the firewall on the system running the client Windows FW maybe blocking the application from connecting to the DB. 

John Wable

jmarin
New Contributor

I've restarted all of the relevant services and restarted the server, but still each time I try to open the UC Client on the server itself, I get the message in the image attached to the original post. I've also tried to run the installer "CAAutoRun.exe" as indicated in the error message, but when I do, it detects that there is already a "UC Service" account and asks for the password, which I don't know. The UCS was originally setup by another vendor and I have no way to get in contact with them to possibly retrieve the password. The service account is a domain account and I could reset it, but I don't know where else these credentials are being used so I'm hesitant to change the password and risk breaking something.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Those where the only things I can remember off the top of my head we swapped all of our UC/ECS Customers to Digium Switchvox when Adtran end of lifed the UC system.  We went with Digium because it had matching features to the Adtran ECS.  Since you don't have the login information the system maybe stuck in it's current config, if you try to re-install you will lose the licenses and you can't get them re-issued anymore so the system would be completely dead.  It maybe time to start planning on a replacement system.  Only other possible option would be if another user on the system that does have admin rights can still log into their client.

John Wable