cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ECS, Time sync issue...

Jump to solution

We just installed a new ECS server and all the phones are showing the incorrect time. Is there a better way to set the time other than going to each phone? My initial though would have been that the time source would have automatically been the ECS server.

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ECS, Time sync issue...

Jump to solution

Josh,

I would recommend using DHCP and setting an option for NTP as well as timezone offset.  If you are using ADTRAN IP 700 Phones the timezone offset needs to be set in the adtran_customer.txt file as "GmtOffset -0600". 

If you stay with a static approach you will need to manually program these settings in the phones.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Now that I think about it... I believe the issue is due to the fact that I am statically configuring the phones. If I change my phone to boot DHCP with a NTP option I would think that would resolve my issue... Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Josh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Josh,

I would recommend using DHCP and setting an option for NTP as well as timezone offset.  If you are using ADTRAN IP 700 Phones the timezone offset needs to be set in the adtran_customer.txt file as "GmtOffset -0600". 

If you stay with a static approach you will need to manually program these settings in the phones.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Josh,

Did this answer your question?  If not, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Matt