cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lancebailey
New Contributor

How to use Outdial.exe for Long distance Number, If long-distance number need access code

Jump to solution

I am using Outdial to call and remind clients about there appointments. Local numbers work fine ex: 2565555353, however when I have a long distance number ex: +14105554343, Nothing happens. I don't get a dial out failed in the logs and nothing shows up in the Outdial queue. At my job you have to dial a 4 digit long-distance code to dial long-distance. This code is provided by the Telco.

Is there a special character i can use like p  to pause and then dial the 4 digit. ex: 14105554343P9878 ?

I am currently using the Generate Tones Element in my services when every i have a long distance number to dial the 4 digits,

But its still not working

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to use Outdial.exe for Long distance Number, If long-distance number need access code

Jump to solution

Lance,

I contacted Engineering and they said outdial doesn’t provide a method of inserting a pause and special characters are ignored… like P or D just get stripped away.

The Generate Tones element only is played after the call is answered that is why it is not working.

We don’t know any other available solution to get your application to work to apply an accounting code with using Outdial. Is there a way to get a separate PSTN connection just for the Outdial calls or UC Server calls to use?

Sorry I wasn’t able to provide a working solution to your problem.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to use Outdial.exe for Long distance Number, If long-distance number need access code

Jump to solution

Lance,

I contacted Engineering and they said outdial doesn’t provide a method of inserting a pause and special characters are ignored… like P or D just get stripped away.

The Generate Tones element only is played after the call is answered that is why it is not working.

We don’t know any other available solution to get your application to work to apply an accounting code with using Outdial. Is there a way to get a separate PSTN connection just for the Outdial calls or UC Server calls to use?

Sorry I wasn’t able to provide a working solution to your problem.

-Mark

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks For the response I will get my vendor involve and see what can be done.