cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlevasseur
Contributor
Contributor

Move UCServer Virtual Machine

So I've been trying to move my Server 2012 VM with UC Server 5.0 from one Hyper-V host to a different Hyper-V host and just not having any luck.

I export the guest from one Hyper-V host and Import it into the other Hyper-V host.  Everything looks good, but a new machine identifier is created so my license is then invalid.

So my question is can I just request a new license, change the license.txt file, and be back up and running?  Or do I have to go through setup again, restore from a backup, etc?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Move UCServer Virtual Machine

Daniel, you can request a new license key for the new server instance from www.adtran.com/uctools to reflect the new machine-id. Thanks

Jay

Thank you Jay, but can you please confirm my question:

So my question is can I just request a new license, change the license.txt file, and be back up and running?  Or do I have to go through setup again, restore from a backup, etc?

Also, is there any way to get a key immediately?  When I tested this scenario last time it took 4 days to get a key.  I can't have VM down for 4 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan, you do not have to run through the setup again.

There is no way to get a key immediately, but if the request comes in during normal business hours, you can call in on the ticket and let them know it's an urgent request. Thanks

Waited 2.5 hours today and did not receive my key after calling and letting them know it was urgent.  This is getting infuriating.  Why is this not an automated process? 

Received a new key this morning and back online.  Still...  VM was down all weekend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Daniel, I went back to find your ticket and it looks like you called in shortly before we closed on a Friday and there were several tickets with a higher priority already out there. Unfortunately there are several aspects to the license key generation process that require it to be done manually, but the best way to avoid downtime in a situation like this would be to leave the old server operational while you provision the new one. Thanks

were you ever able to get this issue resolved?

my UC server crashed and is no longer supported, do you know of any one that can help me get services back in a virtual machine.