cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using wildcards in telephone numbers Call Flow element Netvanta ECS

Jump to solution

Can you use wildcards in the telephone number field in the Call Flow element in Netvanta ECS?

Example:

all calls from area code 303 would be routed:

(303) XXX-XXXX

Would anything like this be possible?

If so, what would the format be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using wildcards in telephone numbers Call Flow element Netvanta ECS

Jump to solution

Looks like I stand corrected. The Project Manager sent me this helpful tip. I never thought about it from this stand point. Sorry for not thinking about this one the first time.

From the Project Manager:

There is another way using the “Caller-ID Area Code” capabilities in either the Compare Data element or the Compare with database element. You can douse the Caller-ID Area Code or Caller-Area Code/Exchange specific exchanges if they want. Very flexible. I’ve also included a screen shot of all of the system values that are available. There are many.

See the attached screen shots and let me know if you have any further questions.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, that is not possible in the service editor using the Flow Control Element. Those are mainly used in the Dial Plan of the ECS. That request comes up a lot though. Two options, choose one or do both:

Option 1:

One thing you can do is put in a feature request. You must be logged in to do this. From the supportforums home page, on the right hand side under Community Links, click on “Feature Requests” then the link for the Unified Communications and follow the steps or you can just click here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/community/netvanta/netvanta-unified-communications/feature-requests

Option 2:

Not sure exactly what are trying to accomplish but there is one thing you could kinda do to work around this. Is from the dial plan you could create rule that all calls from the 303 area code destined to that user (6605) in my example below gets sent to a special auto attendant (7705 in my example). When you make the 7705 auto attendant identity, make sure you assign it to the user of 6605 so he can create a service to assign to it. Make sure to set the priority to 10 in the dial plan entry. See attachment/image of the dial plan entry that I created. I tested it and it worked for me. Only work around I could think about. You can try it and test it out if you like. Hope that helps.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Looks like I stand corrected. The Project Manager sent me this helpful tip. I never thought about it from this stand point. Sorry for not thinking about this one the first time.

From the Project Manager:

There is another way using the “Caller-ID Area Code” capabilities in either the Compare Data element or the Compare with database element. You can douse the Caller-ID Area Code or Caller-Area Code/Exchange specific exchanges if they want. Very flexible. I’ve also included a screen shot of all of the system values that are available. There are many.

See the attached screen shots and let me know if you have any further questions.

-Mark

0 Kudos