cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Voicemail System Dropping to Fast Busy

Jump to solution

I am having an issue with ECS server dropping to a fast busy after 45 Seconds of recording.

Seerver Version 4.5

Call Flow:

Outside call is sent to Auto-Attendant

Auto-Attendant has Dial by Extension enabled

Dial by Extension goes to Dial by Extension module

If call is unanswered it goes to users Voicemail box

Recording stops after 45 seconds record time.  The calling party hears a fast busy signal,  System logs indicate user hung up.

Below is a screenshoot of the Voicemail settings.

Problem happens with users using Local Message Store or Exchange message store.  It also does not matter if the are using PBA or PA, or if the have UC Client or not.

Is there anywhere else in ECS where call recording time might be affectd?

mcvmsettings.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voicemail System Dropping to Fast Busy

Jump to solution

I think I found the problem it appears to be on the provider circuit, they are sending a BYE message roughly 50 seconds after the one way RTP stream of leaving a message starts.  However if anyone has any additional suggestions on things to check on ECS I wouldn't mind covering all my bases.  Like is there anyway to set up some sort of keep alive while recording the message just so the provider doesn't think it is a one way audio stream?  Or anything else I should double check.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I think I found the problem it appears to be on the provider circuit, they are sending a BYE message roughly 50 seconds after the one way RTP stream of leaving a message starts.  However if anyone has any additional suggestions on things to check on ECS I wouldn't mind covering all my bases.  Like is there anyway to set up some sort of keep alive while recording the message just so the provider doesn't think it is a one way audio stream?  Or anything else I should double check.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If your gateway is receiving a BYE from the provider they would need to provide an explanation of why they are terminating the call.  They may need a packet capture and/or SIP debug from the gateway being used in this setup to determine the cause.  Do you also have problems with outside calls being disconnected if they are transferred from one internal user to another? Ex: outside caller calls phone A, phone A transfers call to phone B, then talk for a couple minutes to make sure call stays up.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Matt,

Thanks for the tips.  The correct answer was the problem was at the provider.  They have made adjustments and the problem is resolved.  I had done a packet capture which is where I found the BYE being sent from there end.  Should have looked there prior to posting first message.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

John,

I'm glad to hear it is resolved.  Don't be shy in posting.  Hopefully this thread will help someone else later .

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

FYI here is a screenshot of the packet flow which helped me identify the answer.  In the screenshoot you can see where the BYE message was started by the far end and sent through the Gateway device to the ECS server on the other end.

messagedisconnect.jpg