cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snbdman
New Contributor

Can a Adtran T1 CSU ACE 3rd GEN for WAN extension over a T1 for an off site office??

Can a Adtran T1 CSU ACE 3rd GEN be used for WAN extension over a T1 for an off site office??

Thanks

snbdman

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can a Adtran T1 CSU ACE 3rd GEN for WAN extension over a T1 for an off site office??

Thank you for your question. We actually have a document covering using T1 CSU ACEs to extend a T1/PRI from the Demarcation point: T1 or PRI Extension From the DMARC (Smart Jack)

The NETWORK interface has the strongest signal and highest receive sensitivity, so that is what has to be used for the extension (if the distance is over 655 feet). The Tech. Note is fairly straight-forward but if you have any questions, just ask.

-Patrick

snbdman
New Contributor

Re: Can a Adtran T1 CSU ACE 3rd GEN for WAN extension over a T1 for an off site office??

Thanks Patrick for the reply.  Let me ask the question the other way.

Can the T1 CSU ACE be used only to deliver a T1 to a office PBX only?

Or can I use it to extend my office computer network out to a remote location over a PTP T1?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

The T1 CSU ACE is basically a T1 repeater and test point, so it can be used to extend a T1. So instead of taking the T1 from the Smart Jack (like in the Tech. Note) you can extend the T1 from a router's T1 interface to another T1 interface.

So you can reduce the number of CSU's needed to just 2, as long as the run is less than 6000 feet and you have T1 interfaces at each site. So you would go from your router's T1 interface to the CPE interface of the T1 CSU ACE (straight through cable), then have a T1 cross-over cable from the NET interface to the remote location connected to the NET interface of that T1 CSU ACE, and finally a straight-through cable from the CPE interface of that T1 CSU ACE to the remote router's T1 interface.

(The same premise can be used for extending a T1 connection from one PBX to another.)

I think this is what you were asking, but I'm not possitive.

Patrick