cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirmaher
New Contributor

Need a technician for installation and configuration of an Adtran TA-850 channel bank

Hi, we are a consulting company in the Philadelphia, PA metro area and we have an AdTran TA850 channel bank that was installed two or three years ago and we need assistance with configuration and installation of a new FXS Card and some timeslot configuration and testing. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a technician for installation and configuration of an Adtran TA-850 channel bank

If you need a technician to go on-site and install the module for you, then you will need to purchase a ProStart installation. You can read a little more about it here (ProStart), but it will have to be purchased through one of our resellers. If you want to go this route, you should probably all our Presales and discuss what you want and they may be able to direct you since you do not need a new installation of the TA850 bundle, but only the module.

If you want to talk to us over the phone while you do the installation then as long as it is still under warranty you can call us at 888-423-8726 (you will need the serial number of the chassis or module).

If you have a BCU (as opposed to an RCU) in the chassis then where you insert the module dictates the T1 channels it will use, and it is active as soon as you insert it. Each slot is 4 channels so slot 1 is 1-4, slot 2 is 5-8, etc. The module is configured for Loop Start by default so if this is good, then all you have to do is insert it into the slot and it is ready. If your amphenol cable is already pinned out for all 24 channels you should be able to connect to the appropriate ports (with the port number aligning with the T1 channel).

If you have an RCU then the module will need to be mapped to the T1 channels.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Re: Need a technician for installation and configuration of an Adtran TA-850 channel bank

Hello, I have not heard from anyone regarding a ProStart installation. Could you please contact me or have someone contact me about the same?

--cm

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid ProStart doesn't monitor the Forums and I cannot open a ticket on your behalf. You'll have to call and give them your information in order to open a ticket.

Since you don't need the chassis installation you should probably talk to Applications Engineering to see if we have a part number for the installation you want - since the installations I'm aware of are for the unit plus modules on a new installation. It could end up being a Time and Maintenance charge to come out and put in the new card - I'm not sure.

You can call either our main support number at 888-423-8726, or ProServices at 888-874-2237.