cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markbrown
New Contributor

Variable PSU for Total Access 850 unit

Is there a variable PSU for Total Access 850 unit, our source is 220V, 50Hz. We tried using a step down transformer providing 110V, 50hz, 500W and blew the Adtran PSU?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Variable PSU for Total Access 850 unit

I'm afraid ADTRAN does not make a variable PSU for the TA 850. The TA 850 PSU is a DC device. The "AC System" has an AC to DC power supply in order to deliver the DC voltage to the TA 850 (and the AC to DC supply provides 1.3 Amps).

Assuming a typo in your post, it sounds like the step down transformer should have worked since the AC requirements are: 90-130 VAC, 60 Hz, with 50 Watt Maximum.

If you can deliver DC voltage directly, the DC requirements are: 40-56 VDC with 50 Watt Maximum.

Thank you,

Patrick

Hi Patrick, thanks we sorted out the power supply, the question I have now is are we using the right device: we are trying to connect an 8 port analogue phone tree AVM unit to a SIP port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The TA850 will multiplex analog lines onto a Robbed Bit (CAS) T1 - depending on the modules installed. It does not do SIP, so if you need something to do a SIP conversion for you the TA850 will not work.

Thanks Patrick, so does Adtran have a product to connect this analogue unit to either a SIP or PIR ports?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I don't know what type of interfaces an "8 port analogue phone tree AVM unit" has, so I don't know what connections you were doing with the TA850. For RBS T1 to PRI, the ATLAS can accomplish that. The ATLAS 550 supports both FXS and FXO modules (along with T1) so you may not even need the TA850.

If you prefer connecting SIP, then the Netvanta 7100 or 6355 has 2 VIMs which can accommodate 2 4-port FXS or FXO modules. The TA908E has 8 FXS ports and is a SIP gateway device.