cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcxsolution
New Contributor

Adtran Total Access 908 (2nd Gen) Fax "Busy"

So recently I have ran into a problem that keeps reoccuring on the Adtran 908 Second Gen Total Access. 3 lines were ported over from a regular phone line carrier to a voip carrier setup. One line was a fax line the other two were fire/secuirty etc.

There is a fax line and two security/fire lines in the building. Both going to the Adtran 908 2nd Gen.

TOO often the fax line and maybe the fire/secuirty lines go down and the only way to fix this is to powercycle/reboot the Adtran 908 Total Access device. Once the powercycle is complete the fax line just works. When the line is down, you get a Hook "tone" on the fax as it should, but when trying to dial out it gives an error stating line was "Busy" After a bit more research I found the Adtran 908 gives the tone to the lines, and doesnt't mean it is a "live" line. Also when the line is down, calling to the fax line from a external number,  drops the call immediately. Dialing out from fax on "Hook" gives a "busy" sound immediately, same for trying to send a fax. So its like the phone lines are completely unplugged or not getting translated in the Adtran box to dial out via VOIP or whatever protocol it uses. I just don't know enough about this subject so I am reaching out to the pros and maybe someone else has has something similar occure. It seems to be very random. I have read maybe the Adtran maybe gets unsubcribed or something along the lines with a network blip or failure to report etc. however I feel link this shouldn't be a problem if configured properly.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos