cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody having trouble with a TA908e sending FXS (voice user) registrations every 5 seconds?

Jump to solution

I have the following configuration for an FXS port in my TA908e:

voice user 1234567890

connect fxs 0/2

password "6789"

sip-identity 1234567890 T01 register auth-name "1234567890" password "ChangeMe"

sip-authentication password "1234"

vad

codec-list DEFAULT

We are using a MetaSwitch with a Perimeta SBC.  When I pull a call trace through our MetaSwitch on that FXS line, I see the TA908e sending registrations every 5 seconds.  I cannot figure out how to either stop, or drastically slow down the amount of registrations being sent.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody having trouble with a TA908e sending FXS (voice user) registrations every 5 seconds?

Jump to solution

This is a snippet from the article Metaswitch has posted on their Communities site regarding best configuration practices for the Adtran TA900 and NetVanta products.

https://communities.metaswitch.com/docs/DOC-8762#jive_content_id_Configuring_SIP

Note: For the TA900 series,  if the party answering the registration requests from the device (typically the CFS or a SBC like perimeta) sets an expiration time below the default registration threshold of 300s the result is the 5 second registration renewal.  To avoid this you will need to modify the registration threshold to a number that is less that the expire time given from the registrar.  For example, you could add the following to your SIP trunk configuration:

(config)# voice trunk T01 type sip

(config-T01)# registrar threshold absolute 20

This command tells the unit to renew the registration 20 seconds prior to the expiration. .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody having trouble with a TA908e sending FXS (voice user) registrations every 5 seconds?

Jump to solution

This is a snippet from the article Metaswitch has posted on their Communities site regarding best configuration practices for the Adtran TA900 and NetVanta products.

https://communities.metaswitch.com/docs/DOC-8762#jive_content_id_Configuring_SIP

Note: For the TA900 series,  if the party answering the registration requests from the device (typically the CFS or a SBC like perimeta) sets an expiration time below the default registration threshold of 300s the result is the 5 second registration renewal.  To avoid this you will need to modify the registration threshold to a number that is less that the expire time given from the registrar.  For example, you could add the following to your SIP trunk configuration:

(config)# voice trunk T01 type sip

(config-T01)# registrar threshold absolute 20

This command tells the unit to renew the registration 20 seconds prior to the expiration. .

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I think I may have resolved my issue.  I discovered that I had my SIP (FXS) test line in the MetaSwitch set to expire every 10 seconds (a setting I forgot to undo from another test), which is below the TA908e's default registration threshold of 300 seconds.  I believe that was causing the 5 second registration renewal issue.  I changed the expire timer to 3600 seconds, and so far the 5 second registration requests have stopped.

I used the above article MetaSwitch Communities article to set everything up, but did not fully understand that note and realize what was happening until now.  Thank you for the reply!